Thursday, February 7, 2008

Question of the Day!

I got another inquiry about Antcomics today.

Today's question comes from worstcase, author of the webcomic, Faults:

Q. How long does it take you to make a regular Ants comic?

A. I can usually crank one out in one evening. Sometimes I have to do a rough sketch (usually with stickmen in my sketchboook), other times I will already have a rough draft. Sometimes, though, I don't sketch a rough draft. I just sit down and start on the comic.

It starts with a penciled version, then I ink it. Usually I sit down at around 6:30 or 7:00. If I'm lucky, the thing's done, inked, pencil lines erased by 10:00 p.m. Sometimes though, it can take till eleven or midnight. Then once I scan it, there's usually around a half hour to an hour of tweaking it, drawing box-- you know, making it look all snazzy.

If I color one, tack another entire evening on. This is, of course, if it's a multi-framer. If it's relatively simple, like say, a one-framer, I might be able to finish it all in one night. Usually though, I am so wiped out by the time I ink one that I have to call it quits for the evening.

Now, those calendar pages were a different story. I worked on a couple all day on a couple of Saturdays (namely the September and December pictures). Actually, I think the Christmas one took me all day Saturday and part of Sunday.

And there ya go, worstcase! Thanks for the question.

Anybody else got questions? Hit meh!

No comments: